FEAR by Gypsy Taub

Fear lurks in the corners

Of my heart and my mind.

Fear drugs me and numbs me,

Fear puts me to sleep.

 

Fear lies to me laughing

As I blindly believe it,

As I burry my sorrows

In the depth of my heart.

 

Fear stops me from loving,

Fear stops me from living,

It fills me with dread,

Paranoia, self-hate.

 

It paints a picture

Of a dark, cruel future.

It laughs and it tells me

That there is no God.

 

It tells me that I am

Its prisoner forever,

That there is no hope,

That there is no escape.

 

It burries my passion

In tears and heart aches.

It declares its victory

Over my love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEAR by Gypsy Taub
 

 

 

Now I finally get it

And I get really angry -

My heart beating loud,

Rage boiling my blood.

 

I rise up in rebellion

And I stare at it screaming:

"No, I will not let you!

No, You won't take my love!"

 

Its eyes pierce me with thunder,

Making me tremble

As I punch it with vengeance

Staring straight in its eye.

 

Then a miracle happens

As I take back my power.

Fear turns into ashes,

Just a pile of dust.

 

And I see the sun rising,

And I hear God's whisper:

"This was all an illusion.

You were born to be free."

Comments